bootcamp hardware compatability

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
The requirements for running BC are
System requirements

To use Boot Camp with Mac OS X 10.5 you need the following:

* An Intel-based Mac

* A Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard installation disc. This can be either a Mac OS X Leopard disc included with a purchased copy of Leopard, or a Mac OS X Install Disc 1 from a Mac that had Leopard preinstalled

* A USB keyboard and mouse, or a built-in keyboard and trackpad

* At least 10 GB of free space on the disk you’re installing on (for Microsoft Windows and Windows-based applications)

* 2 GB or more of memory (RAM) if using Windows Vista on a Mac Pro computer

* Boot Camp Assistant, which is installed by Leopard in (/Applications/Utilities/).

* An authentic, 32-bit Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition or Professional with Service Pack 2 (or later) disc
or
An authentic, 32-bit Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, or Ultimate disc.

I guess it needs a intel mac.

OP
T
Reaction score
boot camp

Thanks for the response!! I was hoping there was a way around the "intel based mac" but, I guess not.

--themediator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
I guess BC relies on the Intel EFI hence supported only on Intel based Macs. If you're keen on dual booting, what you can try is partitioning using the disk utility and then for windows (The second os I am assuming) you can prepare some boot floppy/CD and use it to dual boot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.