• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New episodes of Futurama coming to Comedy Central ... for real!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 8gig, inherited powerbook (beer+mac=power-brick)
We've reported on every single little rumor that's come out about Futurama's return. We've asked Billy West, who couldn't tell us anything definitive one way or the other. But -- finally! -- we have some confirmation that Futurama is indeed coming back.

And we can thank Craig Ferguson for it.

When Katey Sagal visited The Late Late Show the other day, she told Craig that the show is coming back to Comedy Central in 2008 for at least 13 episodes (I was watching that appearance, too. Must have slept through that part). Don Kaplan of the New York Post confirmed this; his sources told him that all the primary voice actors signed new deals this week. Also according to the article, FOX may have the option to air the new episodes, but probably won't. The new episodes will also come out on DVD after they air.

I just have one reaction: Huzzah!

Hey, everyone. I'm John DiMaggio, I'm the voice of Bender on the show, and yes it's true: WE'RE COMING BACK! Billy, Katey, Maurice, and myself (as well as the other cast members) are looking forward to (mid-to-late) July to start getting into the studio and record new episodes. Thanks for all the support and digging the show all these years! Bite my shiny metal ***!! And I'm out!!!!!!!!

- tvsquad.com

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
well this might be the news that makes my xmas.

OP
I Can Has Mac!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 8gig, inherited powerbook (beer+mac=power-brick)
I spazed out when i saw a poster with bender on it saying "coming soon to comedy central" so i researched it and spazed out.
WOOOT!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I have this on Teletoon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I think I just shed a tear of joy.. lol

Seriously though, it's about bloody time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
that is good news

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i heard from a few sources. (mostly from g4) that those were a bunch of made for tv movies (like the new bender movie).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
That's a good show, not nearly enough episodes out right now, though (I must've seen each one five times)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.