Printer stuck in "Jobs Stopped"

Reaction score
Hey, I use a HP Photosmart printer for my iBook and iMac.
I was printing some photos today when for some reason it got stuck in the "Jobs Stopped" mode. I can add cues, but not start them, I can only delete.
I've been messing around with this for an hour with no progress, any suggestions on how to reset the printer? I have unplugged it, and started it up again, but no luck, still the same mode. thanks.

M

MacHeadCase

Sometimes the job queue gets messed up if one print job hasn't succeeded and quite frankly the only way I found to remedy this situation was to take out your printer driver from the System Prefs and reload it. Not very elegant, I know, but it has worked for me.

attachment.php

Click on the printer that is acting up to highlight it in the Print & Fax pane, click on the - (minus) button. Once it has been taken off the list, click on the + (plus) button and navigate to the correct driver to reload it.

Let us know if this works for you. Good luck! :)

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the tip, but still no luck - just did it twice.
Not sure what's going on....
I go to print in iPhoto and there's a little circled (!) thing like that going on to the right of the printer.

M

MacHeadCase

Hmm. Look like the problem is iPhoto then or maybe the way it's talking to the printer driver.

What type of photo is it? Is it a .jpg or RAW file?

What is the image's resolution?

Is it saved in Adobe RGB (1998)?

What is the rundown in the photo's info?

Do other photos print correctly or do they all make the printer cough up hairballs?

Is the printer directly connected to your Mac or does it go through a router?

OP
M
Reaction score
your ideas sparked an idea.... I was trying to do this through the router - did it from the imac that's connected by the firewire cord, it worked. thanks a whole lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Alm 2.4Ghz iMac 750Gb HD 4Gb Ram
as in "Steve Jobs stopped"?

M

MacHeadCase

your ideas sparked an idea.... I was trying to do this through the router - did it from the imac that's connected by the firewire cord, it worked. thanks a whole lot.

Glad it worked. I have no clue what the router could actually change in the configuration other than the ports. Maybe someone has an idea on which ports to open?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.