Adobe Photoshop CS2

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I wonder if you can help me,

Today when i was loading Photoshop, i clicked open before the application had finished loading. It then crashed. When i went to open it again it justs keep crashing.

I have tried the following:
Deleting and re-installing
Creating a New User
Removing the settings file

Now im in desperation to get this sorted.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Im using a Macbook with Leopard, this is the first time i have ever had this problem.

Any help is much appreciated

Ben

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, ben3001.

Have you tried trashing Photoshop preference file (plist file)?

Path is here:

Macintosh HD -> Users -> your user account -> Library -> Preferences -> com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

Put it in the trash (don't empty it right away), restart and see if Photoshop is more stable now. If it is, you can safely delete the plist file by emptying the trash.

Report back. Good luck! :)

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your quick response,

Unfortunately that has not worked.

Photoshop loads up and then it just crashes.

I have downloaded the trial of adobe cs3 to see if that works and it does, if that helps

M

MacHeadCase

Ok when you say you deleted PS CS2, how did you delete it? Did you use Adobe's Uninstall?

That should get rid of all the bits. If you simply grabbed some files and the app itself and sent them to the trash, there are probably files, visible or invisible, left behind that are corrupted and preventing you from using it in a stable way.

OP
B
Reaction score
I didnt realize there was an Adobe Unistaller,

I did a quick search and saw it should be in

Applications --> Utilities --> Adobe Installers

I can only see Add or Remove Adobe Photoshop CS3

M

MacHeadCase

I have Adobe CS 2 Suite and there's a How To in here:

Macintosh HD -> Applications -> Adobe Creative Suite 2 -> Uninstallers -> How To Uninstall.pdf

The uninstallers in the Uninstallers folder don't seem to take care of PS specifically though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.