safari won't open after using safari speed

Reaction score
Yesterday I updated to OS X 10.4.11. Before the update I had used a program called safari speed to help make safari faster by taking out the time delay and a few other things that take up memory. It was working great. Than after the update safari was reset to how it was before using safari speed. So I used safari speed in the same was I did before but now safari won't open. I click on the icon and it says "the application safari quit unexpectedly." Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do? I love safari much better than firefox, which does work right now. If you need an error report let me know and I will post it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have read around the net that SafariSpeed is not compatible with Safari 3.0 and that is what you now have with the 10.4.11 update. There appears to be a new version SafariSpeed 2.1 that works with Safari 3.0.

Still checking around the net to see what to do about your issue and will get back to you on it.

Here is a URL to the new SafariSpeed 2.1

OP
Y
Reaction score
Well I have safari speed 2.1 but safari will still not open. I think it was "disable brushed metal" feature that is making safari not open. When I try to "enable brushed metal" safari speed tries to open safari but it can not open, so I can not enable or disable brushed metal.

OP
Y
Reaction score
If anyone is interested I was able to reinstall safari with the start up disk. OS X 10.4 has an option where you can install single applications. Now it works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.