Running a Linux program in OS X

M

Matt

I want to get a client to enable me to play an online game. It is avaiable for Linux, but not for OS X. Could someone give me a detailed step by step way to run the program in OS X? I need to know what I need, (I guess I need X11????) and a detailed explation on how to do it (since I know VERY little about UNIX).

Thanks, :D

Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
what game is it? counter strike?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
If you wanna run Linux on a Mac Yellow Dog works, but I hear X11 is difficult to get working

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

You can port the game to the Mac because it is UNIX, but you will have to run a few darwin commands.... google it.

OP
M

Matt

Anyone have a link. I've done a bit of googling but have not been able to find it.

Is it different if I say I don't mind having to got into the terminal to use it?

OP
P

Pol

Matt,
I've played tibia also ;) and I have the same problem...
I wanna play it on my mac. but oh well, maybe we'll just have to wait for CIP to release a mac client :p

If you have figured out sumthing plz tell me asap :)

thx in advance :teen:

Reaction score
You will need X11. Also need tcl/tk. I didn't look at the download but if it's a binary it probably wont work unless there is one for PPC linux. If you can get the source you might be able to compile it, tho you will probably need to change some things. Looks like a lot of work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.