quick Iphone Data question

Reaction score
so, I am thinking about getting the Iphone, but I have a quick question about the data.

The $59.99 plan says it comes with unlimited data, but from some people I've been hearing that unlimited data is another $20 on top of the $60. is that true?

And, I know someone who lives around 15 minutes from me, and they have ATT, but a regular ATT phone like the razr. they say that the calls are staticy and don't sound very good (I guess she doesn't get good coverage). would the calls sound better with the Iphone, or would they still be as staticy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
the data is unlimited with all iPhone plans, and you don't have to pay extra for it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
While you don't technically pay anything over $59.99 besides taxes and fees, you still are paying for a data plan, it's just tacked on by default. The cost of the $59.99 plan without an iPhone data plan is $39.99, exactly $20 less, which is the cost of the unlimited MediaNet plan. With the iPhone, it's just been conveniently added into the package.

To answer the original question, you don't pay anything on top of the $59.99. And reception is pretty good in most places. In fact, I've gotten reception in places that my Verizon friends didn't, interesting since Verizon stakes a claim to having the best network.

Reaction score
RAZR Reception

I currently have an AT&T RAZR V3 XXX and get excellent reception/connections and I live in Hooterville (Southern Maryland). I am upgrading to an iPhone on 25 Dec.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.