only show 3:30, even full charged

M

mac*

And i have try to chose the longest life option in the energy saver, it only show 3:30 reamaining, even the battery has been fully charged.
Does that mean my battery is not good or are there any thing i can do , to let the laptop can last 6 hours, as mentioned in advertisment?
by the way,i have only have a extenal mouse, no other things.And i just bought the ibook 2 weeks, and use the battery for 2 times.

help:)

OP
M

mac*

should i turn the brightness to as low as possible?
guys, please give me some suggestions :p

OP
T

TylerMoney

turning brightness down helps a lot. How long have you had your iBook? Eventually the battery is going to not do as well..that's the problem with battery technologies theses days. Though, sometimes you'll do better than others...but try turning your brightness down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Brightness down a bunch
Speakers muted (headphones helps if you need to have audio)
Bluetooth and Airport Off

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
In the immortal words of the automobile industry,

EPA mileage figures are for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage may vary.

Just like the fuel economy figures on cars, the battery life figures Apple quotes are "best case" scenarios. A 14" iBook with a "6 hour" life will last somewhat longer than a 17" PowerBook with a "4.5 hour" life, and probably just as long as a Dell or IBM with a "6 hour" life... but don't bet on it lasting the full six hours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.