Anyone going back to Tiger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I'm curious if there is anyone here who is going back to using Tiger, after having Leopard. I was given Leopard by the Apple store, but they didn't give me a disc, and they want me to reinstall it, because i'm having problems with iPhoto 08 within the OS. But i'm just wondering about going back to Tiger, since this never happened when i had that, anyways, i liked Front Row better in Tiger too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4/4/320/Leopard, 12" PowerBook G4 1.5/1.25/80/Tiger
In just two weeks of using Leopard, I got so addicted to Spaces and Time Machine alone that I could never go back, despite several of the more annoying "features" of Leopard.

Time Machine in fact saved my butt, since I recently drowned my poor little MacBook! I'm using Tiger on my old G4 iMac now, though, until I get a shiny new iMac :|

--Chris

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am going no where. Staying where I belong. Have Tiger on a couple of Old Macs for support help, but use Leopard 5 License for my real computer usage. Not really anything major issue wise.

Reaction score
I've enjoyed Leopard so far. No frustrating issues yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I will stay with Leopard. There's nothing I hate about leopard that I actually use of it that can't be edited to how I like it. Customisation is the key for me.

Reaction score
I'm sticking to Leopard, only problem i've had with it is Parallels crashing but a Parallels update was quickly released and now all my programs works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
I'm sticking with Leopard. It's the future and has many features that I use. After the first update it seems just as stable as Tiger. No crashes or kernel panics here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I went back to Tiger on my PB. I recently added more memory, and will give it another try with Leopard. Leopard all the way on my iMac though....

Reaction score
How does everyone find the speed of Leopard compared to Tiger on a Macbook Pro ?. I am talking about app's like Safari, Photoshop, and word processing etc, nothing too major.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.