Mac Book +ram?

Reaction score
I don't really know much about the total amount of ram that I can put on my mac book (13' MacBook Core 2 duo w/ 2ghz processor) I looked on some site and some said 2gb in each slot tops, and I have 2 slots, and others said you can only have 2g total. Could anyone clarify this for me please? And also, if I were to get the ram, what speed wold I get? I looked in the System profiler and it said the ones I have now are DDR2 SDRAM @667 MHz(have no idea what any of that means), does that mean I have to get 2 2gb sticks of ram @ 667MHz?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
If it's the latest macbook (post november 07 I think) then it can support 4GB (2GB+2GB) The model prior to that supported maximum 3GB (2GB + 1GB). However, if it's one of the first models of the macbook, then 2GB is the maximum RAM supported (1GB + 1GB)

The RAM you need to buy is SODIMM DDR2 667MHZ type. Basically, notebook memory.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
also let me add that it needs to be 200-pin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
I wonder why this isnt a sticky yet, its asked about once every 3-4 days :)

i find that on crucial.com, their little "config" tool is wonderful for ANY SETUP. I continue to use it to get proper ram specs for egg purchases!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.