• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I'm in America

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Here I am, a Brit, in Newark Airport on my way to see my gf. So I thought I'd pop in here and say hi.

So... hi. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Hi ya

How was immigration

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
A good deal better than when I came over in August and was interrogated and ridiculed by an incredibly rude official who criticised: my meeting my gf on the internet; "only" bringing $200 with me; pretty much my coming here at all.

I had a nice lady this time who didn't cast any judgements. I was a bit worried by the little feline Christmas stocking I've brought for gf's cat, but as long as I don't bring fruit, meat or Foot and Mouth disease with me, it's okay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Hi There! How cute, you got your girlfriends cat a stocking! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
A good deal better than when I came over in August and was interrogated and ridiculed by an incredibly rude official who criticised: my meeting my gf on the internet; "only" bringing $200 with me; pretty much my coming here at all.

I had a nice lady this time who didn't cast any judgements. I was a bit worried by the little feline Christmas stocking I've brought for gf's cat, but as long as I don't bring fruit, meat or Foot and Mouth disease with me, it's okay.
So sorry for that. It should never happen. :Angry: I'm glad you fared better this time. :D I hope you and your gf have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Glad immigration went better for you. Have a great with Christmas with your girl

Reaction score
Welcome and glad everything went better for you this time. Sure is one llooonnnnggggg distance romance!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Hi There! How cute, you got your girlfriends cat a stocking! :D

I like the fact that you have given your mac and ipod pet names :D

In my Beetle club, we all (girls and boys) give our cars names, mine is Bluebird, my friend - Jenny- calls her Orange Beetle Juicy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hey, Newark airport is only 20 minutes away from where I live!!

Have fun while you're here :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Welcome to America!
Where $200 bucks will last you....... um.......... ok this long LOL

Have a merry Xmas

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Welcome, knightlie and hope you enjoy your stay!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you expected any nicer treatment from someone in newark? ;)

so what town is your gf in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I like the fact that you have given your mac and ipod pet names :D

In my Beetle club, we all (girls and boys) give our cars names, mine is Bluebird, my friend - Jenny- calls her Orange Beetle Juicy

Very cool! I happen to love VW Beetles, by the way :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Very cool! I happen to love VW Beetles, by the way :D

I justy like dubs ;D

Knighlie - You picked the wrong state to fly into for hospitality. NJ Is sometimes called the armpit of America and until last year, Camden was considered the most dangerous city in the US. St. Louis has that title now.

Heh. I went to NJ once for a VW show. It was confusing. You had to make a right and two lefts to pull off what a U turn should accomplish. oh well. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Have fun with your GF. That is an insanely long distance relationship. How can you handle it? It'll at least make your time together extra-special. I hope you enjoy it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Who let you in??? (kidding). Hope your stay in the states goes well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Don't take it personally. In the US, we've found that the best way to deal with idiots is to give them all civil service jobs. That way, they can't screw up anything important. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Camden was considered the most dangerous city in the US. St. Louis has that title now.

I don't really see or understand this title they've gotten themselves. I lived in Saint Louis for 8 years, my parents still own an apartment in the city and I got back to visit family there often. When I went there last, the only thing that worried me is that if your in the city after a Cards game if you happen to walk pass a subway station not noticing everyone whose anyone will start screaming that your trying to cut them in line when your just passing by (even if your in a car).

Other than that Saint Louis really has never made me feel uncomfortable. I mean if your from there, you know where not to go. But all in all, you take the short trip from Saint Louis, Missouri to *East* Saint Louis, Illinois then you should be worried. I'm sorry but the only time that I ventured to the Illinois side, our car was stolen.

I think the committee who decides the most dangerous city was confused that Saint Louis and East Saint Louis are two different things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Don't take it personally. In the US, we've found that the best way to deal with idiots is to give them all civil service jobs. That way, they can't screw up anything important. :)

That is too true.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD

haha i had the same when i went to go visit my gf in canada, im from london but was working in the US. both ladies at the airport seemed to think i was a mail order husband on the way to see my rich new wife!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.