More Questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iTouch, iPad, iPhone 3GS..waiting for iPhone5 or 6?
How to I grab images etc off the net (as there's no right click)?

can I use .exe files with a mac?

Does the iMac have partioned hard drives? When I had my PC I would have photoshop in C:drive but any files, brushes, actions etc saved in D:drive..

Is there a way to have a background screen when using PS? meaning in PC there was a grey background and then you had your files on top... with Mac I have the desktop as a background lol

How is it that windows makes life so difficult and yet there are still so many people using them LMAO

Thanks for any and all help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
1) Right click = Control + Click.

2) You can use .exe files on a Mac as long as you have booted to Windows. If you are in OSX, then you can use Parallels or another emulator to run Windows, otherwise no.

3) No, the Mac doesn't come with the drive partitioned as many PCs do.

4) I wish I knew that, I'd like the grey screen too.

5) I wish knew. It's more fun this way though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Well, you just drag the images out from the browser to the desktop or whichever other folder you want to. If you want to drag it into say "pictures" folder, drag the image down to the Finder icon in the dock, and press spacebar. then drag wherever.

However, you do have a right-click. It is Ctrl+Click. If you have a macbook, then keep two fingers on the trackpad and click (or tap two fingers). Otherwise you can connect any external mouse with right click.

You don't need to partition your drives. Just use it with 1 partition and it will be fine. Partitioning is an old habit due to disk defragmentation and is best left to the Windows world. Just create a new folder in your home directory (Mac HD > Users > yourhomefolder>)

Background in Photoshop? Press F to enter the different modes. Otherwise, there's no such thing as "fullscreen" on the mac. You'll get used to it cause it's a really great way to multitask.

Just switched and expect to be an expert already? Just give it some time and it will grow on you... LMAO indeed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
How to I grab images etc off the net (as there's no right click)? -- How Do I Save Pictures From A Website?

can I use .exe files with a mac? -- .exe on Mac

Does the iMac have partioned hard drives? When I had my PC I would have photoshop in C:drive but any files, brushes, actions etc saved in D:drive.. -- Partitioning my external hdd and a few other questions

Is there a way to have a background screen when using PS? meaning in PC there was a grey background and then you had your files on top... with Mac I have the desktop as a background lol -- from the thread "cs2 background question"

If you have any other questions and would like an answer even quicker, I would recommend the Forum Search Page. That's how I found those links... all I did was type in the question as you asked it and voila! :)

OP
cdnphotog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iTouch, iPad, iPhone 3GS..waiting for iPhone5 or 6?
Thanks for all the help (and Links!!) and nope don't expect to be an expert just have certain questions to things I use to do w/o thinking on pc..

ok note to self SEARCH FIRST ASK AFTER LMAO

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.