Leopard startup annoyance

Reaction score
I just upgraded to Leopard on my Macbook Pro, and now everytime I log in, Firefox starts up and displays a local webpage on how to install Lexmark print cartridges.

Why would that happen? I have no idea where to look to make it stop... something has set this page to open as soon as the computer starts. Make it stop... please....

Any ideas?

Thanks

-David

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you install any Lexmark Printer software? If so it might be opening your default browser and taking you to that URL.

Open System Preferences, Accounts, select your account and then the Login Items TAB. See if there is any Lexmark software running at startup. If so uncheck it.

Just a guess.

OP
W
Reaction score
Did you install any Lexmark Printer software? If so it might be opening your default browser and taking you to that URL.

Open System Preferences, Accounts, select your account and then the Login Items TAB. See if there is any Lexmark software running at startup. If so uncheck it.

Just a guess.

Nope, didn't install any print anything. Just standard 10.5 upgrade. The Accounts login Items was exactly what I was looking for though... it was an item in there. Why, I don't know, but I zapped it and assume it will hassle me no more...

Thanks!

-David

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.