Firefox 3 beta 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" with 3Gb RAM and a 13"Macbook with 4Gb RAM
Thanks for the link jram will check it out later.

My downloads have mysteriously started now so this version seems great :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
So I just read about the release of the newest release of the firefox 3 beta and before I put it on my machine, I was wondering if anyone out there has tried it out yet and had any comments or critiques that they could lend. From the reviews I've read, it seems like a quality improvement over their already stellar program. Any info people have would be greatly appreciated.

I love the new interface and speed of Firefox 3 beta 3 but I have found a few sites that it will not render correctly. It seems to be blocking content that I want and I can't figure out how to allow that content. The site in question is www.mix1051.com It has a link in the top right of the page to stream their radio broadcast but Firefox 3b3 blocks that link completely. Safari displays that link correctly and allows me to listen to my morning radio show.

How do I configure Firfox to display the content? I've tried going to prefs/content and adding www.mix1051.com to the allow list but it doesn't work.

Reaction score
No problem here with Beta 3
179549-Picture1.jpeg

OP
NolaWegs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
Just bumped up to beta 3 myself. loving the new interface, took a second to get used to but it's absolutely fantastic. my only problem is that I lost the ability to use my stumbleupon extension, other than that it's better and faster than beta 2

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well i downloaded it and it does look great. But everytime i try and download anything through FF3 it doesn't happen and it's extremely odd cause i can't seem to figure the problem. Any of you'll faced with the same thing?

Open the Download Manager from the Tools menu => Downloads. That should show you the status of your download and the location it was downloaded to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
I'm loving it too. I must admit that I don't have much to offer as a "developer". I'm just too darned curious to not see how it works. If I run across and issue, can I report it in normal person terms, or do they need tech geek terms?

Specifically I've noticed in Gmail that the "quick contact" list bleeds out over the email box so it can show the full name of each person, as opposed to cutting the box off no matter what....
heck.. here is a pic of what I mean
screencapturefirefoxissue-1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
No problem here with Beta 3
179549-Picture1.jpeg

Thanks for the help with this. I did some investigating and found that FireFox was loading a stylesheet named userContent.css which was causing my troubles. I deleted that file and now it works as advertised. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
I know, isn't it amazing? The UI is even better than Safari's. It's hard to believe that it's Firefox under there.
Thats so true, it just integrates perfectly. For being Beta stage I have had 0 problems with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Pretty fast and stable. Firefox was my browser of choice in the Windows environment and I've missed using it. I stuck to Safari lately because of the memory leakage and failure to release memory upon closing a window issue. But FF3 Beta 3 seems to have put those issues to rest. One thing I have noticed on some pages when comparing to Safari is that color saturation rendition seems to be a little 'off' on some pages. Kind of odd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
The new theme is great, I always thought the old one looked a bit unprofessional, like Linux desktops, but the new one looks right at home. And it's fast, faster than a speeding bullet. There are still a few bugs and AdBlock doesn't seem fully compatible yet, but so far I like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Ok... I'm still doing some comparisons, and I don't think it's a color saturation issue, but a color rendition issue. The thing is, I'm not sure if it is the browser or certain web pages the browser is trying to render.

So far, I've been very impressed with this beta. Response time and downloading speed are excellent. And even with five tabs open, memory consumption is impressively low. I wonder what they plan to test out on beta 4...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Downloading now :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
I'm not sure what it is, but I've found (and maybe this was just beta 2) that I got some strange lag in typing when trying to use Gmail. As it somehow the system was experiencing some kind of high latency, however the problem was only in Firefox, no other apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Well after I downloaded it I have been messing around with this beta, I have found two things that were taking its tim, on the forum it took ages to get in! and yahoo mail it gets a log in error and don't works if I use the classic version it dose, probably because its only a beta and hopefully firefox will be smoothed out in time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.