• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apparently mac users are more honest, PC users steal more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Well, it is possible to make the assumption that if you own a Mac, you probably have more money that the average PC user (obviously not true in all cases, even mine) because you are using a more top-of-the-line computer. If you have more disposable income, you are more likely to BUY things, not commit copy-write infringement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
That's an entertaining read, but the comments are better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Hey that pic of the mac and PC guy in clay style looked rather funny. I'd like to see an ad with them in that style in it.

Also nice article. And the comments as said above were well worth reading.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Ah, I never read the comments on PC/Mac articles. It's always the same BS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Maybe because most Mac users are artists themselves. Professional courtesy, you know?

Maybe because parents buy the cheapest piece of garbage PC for their kids, who then go steal music. While professional adults buy Macs for their work, who can afford music and know better 'right from wrong'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Maybe it's just p2p clients for OSX are rubbish.

</troll>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminium PowerBook G4 first gen
So I am 1/2? I use a PC also ^^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Well, it is possible to make the assumption that if you own a Mac, you probably have more money that the average PC user (obviously not true in all cases, even mine) because you are using a more top-of-the-line computer. If you have more disposable income, you are more likely to BUY things, not commit copy-write infringement.

Yes and no. I have a good chunk of disposable income and while I do prefer to own DVDs or CDs I'm not beyond other measures. Then again, I usually end up buying the media in the long run. In general though, that is a valid observation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I've stopped stealing music ever since I bought my iMac in early 2006. I find iTunes much more convenient and easy. It syncs easily with my iPhone.

It's cheaper than getting procecuted or paying fines, and buying CDs in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I've stopped stealing music ever since I bought my iMac in early 2006. I find iTunes much more convenient and easy. It syncs easily with my iPhone.

It's cheaper than getting procecuted or paying fines, and buying CDs in my opinion.

Same here. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I used to be a bit naughty about it, but that was because I live in a country where up until recently the major labels rarely used to bother releasing new stuff.

Not sure if it's economic development here (Brazil), or the fact we can't use Itunes to download which makes the physical CD market still relatively good, but in the last couple of years things have improved a lot, so I have gone back to buying stuff.

I did actually have a fairly vigorous debate with some suit at the RIAA about it about 5 years ago - I told him if he wanted people here to stop pirating music, they should get off their butts and make sure we could buy it legally. I think that's coincidental though :D

Reaction score
LOL!!! Comments DEFINATLY worth a read!!!

" BY JOSEPH AT 12/19/07 03:12 PM

Mac users just take that $150 that PC users have to spend on anti-virus, anti-spyware and internet security and invest it into music. PC users are too busy trying to get their system's to stay up an operational to have any fun. "

i got quite a giggle out of that one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I've only bought music off of iTunes once and it was an exclusive live performance from a band I like. I just find it's really expensive imo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.