No Screen! Light Works, But Nothing Else Please Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
HELLO i am a college student and have had a 20" Intel iMac for about 1.5 years and today i was "iLugging" it to school and when i got to school and plugged it in the small light in the right hand bottom corner that usually lights for a second then dims to nothing when the computer first turns on just stayed lit and the display stayed off - you could hear it turn on for a second, the cd area spun and then nothing just the light stays solidly lit. I got worried so i held down the power button and it shut off, then i turned it back on but held the power button instead of just pressing and the light turned on and blinked about 10 times very quickly strobing almost then just stay lit - i can't make it do nothing else. I don't believe I have Apple Care but have had the computer for less then 2 years so should still be eligible to get it, im really nervous if anyone knows any trouble shoots or ideas PLEASE help me

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
Answer:

I went to the Apple Store and heres what they did to fix it: First he tried to hold the power button down for 10 seconds with the power cable unplugged (huh?) then that didn't work so he took the RAM our and then put it back in and wallah....

So if anyone has the same problem ever taking the ram out / re-inserting acts as a reset on the Intel iMacs (white versions)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Answer:

I went to the Apple Store and heres what they did to fix it: First he tried to hold the power button down for 10 seconds with the power cable unplugged (huh?)
SMC Reset

Glad it worked out for you. It's good to be close to a store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.