my speakers are acting up- eek!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
After arriving back at school safe and sound, I set up Ian the Power Mac G4 in my new room, plugged everything into the proper places, and pushed the power button. When Ian started up, the start up sound sounded really tinny.

I shut down Ian after repairing permissions, unplugged the speakers, cleaned off the pulg, and then plugged them back in. When I turned the computer on this morning, only the left speaker was working. I repaired permissions again to see if that would help, and nothing happened. :(

Did I do something wrong? Is there something else I should do that I didn't think of? :confused:

I told one of my friends about my speaker problem, and she said that it was probably a wiring issue. Is that right? If so, how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

P

PinkPhishDoors

Well, make sure that you try different speakers. This doesn't sound like a problem with the mac.

OP
Beatles4Life
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I figured out what was wrong: I didn't plug the speaker in far enough. :eek:

I think the jet lag went straight to my brain. ::laughs::

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Don't feel bad....I freaked out a few days ago because I thought half of my Applications were missing from the Applications folder....Turned out, I didn't scroll up....:D

P

PinkPhishDoors

ApplejustWorks said:
Don't feel bad....I freaked out a few days ago because I thought half of my Applications were missing from the Applications folder....Turned out, I didn't scroll up....:D

Wow! never heard that one before :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
Beatles4Life said:
After arriving back at school safe and sound, I set up Ian the Power Mac G4 in my new room, plugged everything into the proper places, and pushed the power button. When Ian started up, the start up sound sounded really tinny.

I shut down Ian after repairing permissions, unplugged the speakers, cleaned off the pulg, and then plugged them back in. When I turned the computer on this morning, only the left speaker was working. I repaired permissions again to see if that would help, and nothing happened. :(

Did I do something wrong? Is there something else I should do that I didn't think of? :confused:

I told one of my friends about my speaker problem, and she said that it was probably a wiring issue. Is that right? If so, how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

did you name your power mac G4 Ian?

OP
Beatles4Life
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yup, I name all objects in my life. :)

For example, my alarm clock is Egghead (it looks like a egg), my computer is Ian Iachimoe [which is "Paul McCartney" backwards on a tape recorder], and my car is Chloe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.