How to manage wireless connection linksys

T

thebluemonkey

Hi everyone!

Finally, I have switch with all you're great advice that you have given me in my past threads. I am now the proud owner of a power book 12" with an ipod 15 gig (****, that thing is hot). I have also bought with this a wireless linksys router.

Right now I have been able to use the connection but, I wanna know how do I secure it and how do I change the network name. Also, is it possible to put a password to access the connection.

So these are my questions for today, since linksys didn't give any support for mac user, and stay tune, because I might have a few more questions about the OS since I am a swithcher!

Thank' s again!

OP
U

unixdude

Usually, you can enter either 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your favorite web browser. This will bring up a configuration page for the router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
If you have not set any passwords for the router login, the default password is admin with no username.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
1. Return the Linksys router. Or smash with a sledge hammer. Or run it over. It's good anger therapy.
2. Avoid Linksys and Microsoft wireless products. 'Cause they just suck.
3. Buy a Netgear router, or even better, AirPort. Or run Ethernet cables through your house, if your looking for security.

It doesn't matter what you do, the first video on that site shows you why.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Absolute Zero said:
1. Return the Linksys router. Or smash with a sledge hammer. Or run it over. It's good anger therapy.
2. Avoid Linksys and Microsoft wireless products. 'Cause they just suck.
3. Buy a Netgear router, or even better, AirPort. Or run Ethernet cables through your house, if your looking for security.

It doesn't matter what you do, the first video on that site shows you why.

**** you Absolute, i got all excited to see a video about how microcrap, and linkcrap suck and then you go ahead and give me a dead-link... shame on you!

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.