iTunes Always Reverts to Next Track, Annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Hi all,

I have had a problem with iTunes that has bugged for as long as I can remember, and I've had enough. If I'm playing a tune then start scrolling up or down looking for a new tune to play, when the current tune that is playing finishes, iTunes automatically scrolls back up to the current playing tune. This is very annoying as I then have to scroll back down to where I was browsing previous to the track changing.

I have done a quick search with no positive results, and I may have to look for a new audio player if there is no easy fix to this glitch. Any recommendations on a fix or new software would be welcome.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That glitch, is the "Now Playing" feature built into pretty much every player out there.

While there may be a workaround, am not personally aware of how to turn off the "Now Playing" function.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Hi all,

I have had a problem with iTunes that has bugged for as long as I can remember, and I've had enough. If I'm playing a tune then start scrolling up or down looking for a new tune to play, when the current tune that is playing finishes, iTunes automatically scrolls back up to the current playing tune. This is very annoying as I then have to scroll back down to where I was browsing previous to the track changing.

I have done a quick search with no positive results, and I may have to look for a new audio player if there is no easy fix to this glitch. Any recommendations on a fix or new software would be welcome.

Annoying yes! especially if I"m scrolling and creating playlists while I"m listening... I have to remember where I left off... the only good thing about the recent version is that if I forget and put the same song in my playlist, it tells me it already exists.

But yeah..... it's an annoying little glitch.

OP
MacBurg
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Its good to see that other people recognize it as an issue that needs a fix, heres hoping there is a way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.