Duplicate Files!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
I need to know of a program or another method of removing duplicate files on my computer. The problem is that I have tons of MP3s that somehow got duplicated. Some of them have the same name but are in different folders, and some are the same file with different file names. For example, one of the songs might have the word -copy.mp3 at the end of it. Is there any way to search out those files and delete them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
You can just go to your finder and type in the file names and delete all but one.

Also, if you put them in itunes there is a setting that will remove all duplicates and it should ask you if you want to remove them from your hardrive.

OP
ADKhikerVW
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Thanks, but the problem is that there are THOUSANDS of duplicates! It would take quite some time to individually delete them. I am not so much worried about iTunes but the amount of space that they take up on my HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I had the same problem until I discovered (from a poster on this site) Tidy Up from Hyberbolic Softare. The best program I've loaded on my iMac (after OSX obviously!). It will highlight files with same name, same size, same size different name, same name different size etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.