Need Extream Help please

Reaction score
Hello, I have a huge problem with my G4 quicksilver.

Here is the problem:
My friend accidently unplugged my mac from the outlet while it was on. It didnt turn on since. When i pressed the power button, it would turn on and glow back off. I reset the PRAM and nothing happend. I read online, that you have to hold the PRAM reset for 10sec in order for it to work. I did that, now I put in a new battery.
When I press power, the light turns on and illuminates back off. There is no light on the motherboard and the powersupply fan starts to spin up, and turns off immideatly.

I am in panic not knowing what to do.
Any help appreciated....
PLEASE AND THANK YOU

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, maxpol.

I once went through a power outage and the only thing that got my Mac back was DiskWarrior. If you have it, now's the time to use it.

You could try to unplug the Power Mac from the electrical outlet for about ten to fifteen minutes, plug it back in. Restart, see where that takes you.

If that doesn't do anything try resetting the CUDA chip.

You could also try what Brown Study suggests here.

Other than that, I'm outta ideas. Hopefully your power supply or some other hardware component didn't fry.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion, but I cant even use the keyboard. It started happening after I held the couda reset for 10sec.
It still didnt work.

M

MacHeadCase

Well unless someone else has another suggestion for you to try, looks like it's time you take your Power Mac in for repairs.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well, I really want it fixed for as cheap as possible. I really loved it and now....

Reaction score
maxpol

get ya a mdd dual...and then you will wonder how you could stay with the quicksilver for as long as you did...the mdd,s are very quick. i got a mdd dual 867 for $340, put a 9800 pro in it, i am just tickled to death with it...and i did not pay $3000 for it.

Reaction score
Same thing happened to a friend and his B&W G3,
power supply went bad.
I would just take it in to Apple (if they will look at it?) and get a diagnosis and go on ebay and get whatever.
Personal call though.
I will dance around singing indian tribal chants hoping for your PowerMac to get well,
the quicksilvers are quite nice eh?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.