HP stamp name on back of new iPod

G

Gamer

HP descided to put there logo above the iPod one instead of the apple simble, stupid who want to buy a product which they did not invent and has there name on it, I don't! Do you?

P.S.: This product does not work with MAC, HP made the wrong decsion!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
depends on the price. i mean, if its significantly cheaper, then I'm fine with that...

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Who gives a crap? It sucks because its a 4G iPod. The 3G's are much better.

OP
O

octohunter

Good point. A 4GB pod is pretty useless for me. But hey, we shouldn't get too upset by Apple becoming more available to the generic masses. That will just encourage others to start using better equipment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
No no no, not 4GB, 4G, the fourth generation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
You know Absolute_Zero one of these days Ill here a positive something or another come out of your mouth and Ill have to mark it on the calender. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
There are rumors that the 4-G iPod has special capabilities that will be enabled with a firmware upgrade in the future.

And frankly...there's no difference between the hPod and the regular Apple iPod on the inside. Grab a copy of Apple's iPod update software, and you should be set. So if you can get a good deal on one of the HP models, and can stand the (*gasp...horror!*) hp logo, go right ahead....

At least they make good printers.

OP
M

MoltenLava

Why do you even care what HP decide to sell or not? It's obviously targeted to PC users, not us. Apple wins because they'll obviously get a share of each iPod sold by HP. What's your problem? You don't like HP because they sell PC? Grow up.

OP
I

Icarus

you know, Apple didn't call me up last night and say, "Hey, Icarus...do you think we should let HP sell the ipod with their name on the back?" so whatever I say here, it doesn't matter, now does it?

EVERYBODY and their BROTHER knows that apple made the ipod. Why they would buy it from HP is beyond me.

OP
T

TylerMoney

The HP iPod is the same price...so yeah...it doesn't matter...if you're already buying a hp computer, might as well buy "their" iPod....apple gets money for it anyways..

Absolute Zero...I would have to agree with the 3g being better than the 4g...aside from the battery life...I would like that 4 extra hours. The four pushless buttons were so cool though....they should bring those back for the next one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Murlyn said:
You know Absolute_Zero one of these days Ill here a positive something or another come out of your mouth and Ill have to mark it on the calender. :)
Did I sound rude saying that? Cause it wasn't meant to sound rude...

TylerMoney: (too lazy to quote) Exactly. The clickwheel sucks, that ruined the iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
TylerMoney said:
The HP iPod is the same price...so yeah...it doesn't matter...if you're already buying a hp computer, might as well buy "their" iPod....apple gets money for it anyways..

Absolute Zero...I would have to agree with the 3g being better than the 4g...aside from the battery life...I would like that 4 extra hours. The four pushless buttons were so cool though....they should bring those back for the next one.

I agree... I recently bought a 3g 20GB iPod (new), I got it for the same price as the 4g 20GB.
I wanted the 3g because it's a lot cooler, without any mechanical buttons (except "hold" of course), it has the nice all-white front and the cool red light for the 4 touch-buttons.
Oh, and of course my 3g also had the dock, the cable remote and the iPod holster, with beltclip. All this is not included with the 4g, and costs 39,- Euro each!

OP
T

TylerMoney

Avalon said:
I agree... I recently bought a 3g 20GB iPod (new), I got it for the same price as the 4g 20GB.
I wanted the 3g because it's a lot cooler, without any mechanical buttons (except "hold" of course), it has the nice all-white front and the cool red light for the 4 touch-buttons.
Oh, and of course my 3g also had the dock, the cable remote and the iPod holster, with beltclip. All this is not included with the 4g, and costs 39,- Euro each!

Indeed. The red lights rock...I'm glad I havae the 3g, and in reality, I haven't had any problems with the battery life. It's always worked out just perfectly..and only died once..and that was on purpose..when I first got it...I just don't like the click wheel. I think it works for the mini, but not for the full size. Oh well. I'll still buy one in the future..by then..who knows what they'll look like...I'll probably just have to think of what I want to do...that'd be sweet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
I agree, TylerMoney, the red lights are really cool. When I get my iPod sometime in the near future, I'll be sure it's a 3rd generation. But first I have to earn the money. :)

OP
E

.emo.

i am not surprised that HP was the first PC company to do that. I meen HP trys to be apple already with the "media stations" but can never get close to pulling it off.

i just sold my 3g which now after reading threads everywhere i regret.but since i have my mini i might wait for the 5g. a year or so :(

OP
G

Gamer

.emo. said:
i am not surprised that HP was the first PC company to do that. I meen HP trys to be apple already with the "media stations" but can never get close to pulling it off.

i just sold my 3g which now after reading threads everywhere i regret.but since i have my mini i might wait for the 5g. a year or so :(
Did you not reads my "iPod Cycle" thread I said that iPods are refreshed about every six months that means you can buy your new iPod in January!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.