• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

You want to see the iMac G5 here it is!!

OP
I

iSheep

http://www.engadget.com/entry/3611729073994828

"The saga continues: Those pics of the new G5 iMac that were supposedly snapped in an elevator at Charles de Gaulle airport outside of Paris? That was a hoax. The guy behind the pics has admitted that it was just a 20-inch LaCie LCD stuffed into a PowerBook box. Nice try, though."

Never mind - only a day and a bit to go!

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Well it was a good try, but there can't be anything standing in the way of a mac user, and his bootleg fakes. :( That guy should be ashamed of himself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Well that figures. I knew it looked to weird and detail was so lacking

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

I got really skepticle after not seeing a CD-drive or any ports on the left side. Apple would surely put the ports on the side for easy access. and the would not put it on the same side as the CD-drive. So i was pretty doubtful!

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
It is rumored that the lowest end model has no CD drive...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
How can any system be CD deprived? :confused:

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I guess that system is aimed at schools and such.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Absolute Zero said:
I guess that system is aimed at schools and such.
Yeah, that would explain it :cool:

OP
J

JeremyM

Well, you know...how the new G5 2 ghz or whatever have liquid cooling? Maybe, just maybe, this is a prototype of an imac, and is liquid cooled, because I, too, thought that the G5 had cooling issues. That's why they missed their date of release and had to push it back. Maybe it has some small tubes running throughout it that cool the processor. Just a thought, and I think that the "grey" look is aluminium. It's about time for apple to get rid of the white, that's been around for almost 5 years now...Maybe they're basicly putting a system on the back of a Cinema Display? Looks cool, however, whatever it is...

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Absolute Zero said:
It is rumored that the lowest end model has no CD drive...
Thats bull****!
How would you install OS X. And no doubtably other programs schools need(appleworks or Office). CD-Drives are cheap, and there is no reason they would not put one in! That is just foolishness! Macs don't come with floppy drives so there would be nothing to burn data on to. Except a USB flash drive!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah that does seem a bit silly...

OP
A

Animatronica

Actually a lot of schools do network installations. They install any given software from a main computer located where-ever on the network. I dont know ANY that go to EVERY single computer and install the software one by one...would take too much time to walk around to every one of them.

C-ya

OP
M

mpolda

Such skepticism

We're like the apes looking at the Monolith in 2001: A Space Odessey. Obviously Apple has taken another giant leap forward. This new iMac has no keyboard or mouse because it doesn't need them. It works on direct neural input, it reads your mind! I would imagine you have to put it through a recognition process when you first turn it on. No need to set up users, it already knows who you are! For some people it's going to have a more difficult time picking up brainwaves than others. Doubtless many will be returning them due to the error message "No signal received".

OP
I

Icarus

Why would apple spend a whole lotta money making a machine that nobody except schools will want? (without a CD-rom drive)

besides, my high school has this TINY mac section, and I'm pretty sure that they'll be fading that out when they get the next PC upgrade.
The reason macs are losing in schools is simple - parents want their kid to be using a computer that they will use for the rest of their life - and macs GENERALLY are not computers that MOST people use a whole lot.

It's not nice, it's not pretty, but it's business.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

mpolda said:
We're like the apes looking at the Monolith in 2001: A Space Odessey. Obviously Apple has taken another giant leap forward. This new iMac has no keyboard or mouse because it doesn't need them. It works on direct neural input, it reads your mind! I would imagine you have to put it through a recognition process when you first turn it on. No need to set up users, it already knows who you are! For some people it's going to have a more difficult time picking up brainwaves than others. Doubtless many will be returning them due to the error message "No signal received".
:eek:

That would be something

But i really do think that it would be very silly to not include a cd-drive, especially since they are so cheap now!

plus eMacs are for schools not iMacs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
The iMac might look very similar to what it does today, but it'll have that new chameleon feature :) Now that would be kewl :)

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

No! it will be invisible... good thing they din't try this with the powerbooks, or i would have lost one at starbucks the first day i got it!!

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Mr.Curlynose1 said:
The guy that took those pictures has admitted that it was a hoax.

maybe you should read all of the previous posts, that was already stated many times, thats why we are making jokes.

OP
M

Mr.Curlynose1

Heh heh, I guess you're right. I read the thread before and I didn't know it had gone that far. I saw it on Macrumors so I decided to post it even though I was in a rush.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.