• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

You want to see the iMac G5 here it is!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
That is more of what I envisioned.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I wonder how real that is?

OP
C

ChicoWeb

Hrm, Doesn't look 1337 enough to me. Funny story behind it as well. :) Cool if it is.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What is 1337 enough mean ? :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
l337 means leet as in elite. It's hacker slang and pretty meaningless. Neat pics though! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Sorry, but I have to do it...

bsflag.gif

First, if there was enough time to snap that many photos, why are none of them from different angles that would yield a more detailed view? Why doesn't the foam look like it conforms to the shape of the machine? Why would they ship it face-down? Where are all of the documents, disks, wires, keyboard, mouse, etc. that would have been on top of of the machine in the box? Why isn't the word "iMac" visible on the front? Why is it that odd shade of plastic grey? Why is it so "square"? Why do the Power Mac's need multiple fans inside a large case to cool the G5 inside, yet this AIO machine is only about 3 inches thick?

Who knows - maybe it'll turn out that I'm wrong, but it definitely doesn't look right to me.

OP
G

Gamer

Maybe?

Maybe it is just the new screen for this new iMac? Because I'm with you it's to thin, but maybe just maybe!

OP
O

octohunter

I agree with Padawan. There was far too much time spent here. Why cuoldn't they show us more? In fact, most of us could spend a few minutes on photoshop and make anything look like the next imac.

OP
S

Slammin_SoSo

I think maybe its just a screen for the new G5 Imac. I have a feeling they will probably mock the G5 powermac they currently have and will just create it with half the power the powermac has.. I have that feeling. It will probably not be attached as all in one but like the (little sister) of the powermac G5.. I guess we shall see..

OP
C

cory

hmm yea not sure what that could be...does kinda seem an odd situation. Would take a long elevator ride to open the box take pictures and repackage it..anway does anyone know the best way to get info on converage on the Paris show on Tuesday?

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

I'm guessing that it isn't the screen for the iMac(much to thick) but MAY be the real thing... They may be using a very unique cooling system. I don't remember what it was... but aren't the apple boxes wrapped it plastic?( i don't remember what mine was in).

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Wait, i beilive that the question about facing it down, and that the foam doesn't fit are solved... The iMac faces upward in the box, and the foam flips aroundso that the part you see doesn't touch the screens. :) call me Watson(the program)

OP
I

iSheep

The whole idea behind an iMac is that it's all in one with a small footprint - Apple would never build an iMac that has the monitor and base unit seperate.

I find this a bit to fishy. No keyboard, mouse etc. The grey looks wrong. This one's going to sound silly, but the Apple logo at the top is squashed - Apple have never done this.

I too, agree with Padawan.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

It didn't state where they were being shipped either. If they are in fact genuine imacs then they were probably shipping them out to the stores... Which is a good sign. Because that means they will sell immediatly after apple anounces them. Also Jobs is NOT announcing them( but he is supposed to maybe be back in mid Sep. so they should be releasing them before the 15th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
anarkhy said:
But the box looks real!

So does the box that my iBook came in, but that doesn't mean I couldn't stick a spray-painted Etch-A-Sketch in it, snap some blurry photos, and call it Apple's latest home computer. ;)

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Well I have seen most of the apple products in their boxes (with the exception of the newest version of the powerbook, the xserve and the new displays). I have seen the iBook box. and though it looks similar it is a little bit smaller then the one in this picture( if i am getting the right scaled view). One possibility is that they are the new cinema display boxes, with a "spray-painted etch-a-sctech". But i think there will be a lot of more leaks with in the next 96 hours.

OP
I

iSheep

Well I've seen the photo with a hand in it - and the hand looks massive, it could easily be a 12" iBook or PowerBook box.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.