Firefox & Safari & Adobe Flash

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm in grad school and to view some recorded power points I had to download Adobe Flash for Mac. I use both Firefox & Safari but for this particular class I had to use Firefox b/c the website will not work on Safari. Well, the Flash player works fine once I installed it but it won't stay installed! Everytim I have to open Firefox and I need to use the flash player I have to reinstall it. Any ideas why or how to keep it installed?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You shouldn't have to be reinstalling it every time. Once Flash is installed in the Internet Plug-ins folder, it stays and all web browsers use it from there.

I'm wondering if maybe the problem is related to something like your privacy settings? Make sure Firefox is allowing cookies. Also pick up MainMenu and run through its full list of utilities. Perhaps updating databases like the Locate database will help.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
and make sure that the plug-in is in the Internet Plug-ins folder (spotlight it). if you are just remounting the downloaded plug-in each time, it isn't really installing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod 5G 30Gig, macbook, iPhone 3G 16Gig
and make sure that the plug-in is in the Internet Plug-ins folder (spotlight it). if you are just remounting the downloaded plug-in each time, it isn't really installing.

I've been having the same problem and tried that, all the plugins are in the right place - Safari recognises it and i can see the flash content; Firefox doesnt. There arent any security/privacy settings in firefox - that i can see - that might prevent it from working properly.

:(

--Edited to add that i removed some of my adblock/popup blocker plugins and now it seems to be working. Winner!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.