Vid Problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I Bought pinnacles video for mac, capture device, it has a breakout box with one s-video and the three phono connections as source input connecting to the mac via USB. When I bought this it was so that I could connect my old VHS player and capture old home movies but I also thought about connecting my cable box so that I could use my Imac screen as a TV screen. Sounds logical right?? Well, you can... if you want to watch on a 1" screen as that is all pinnacles software gives. No customization at all. It's like Pinnacle never thought anyone would want to do that... no, we would all spend another £70 to buy another gizmo to attach the cable to?!?!?

So, what I'm hoping is that someone out there knows how to tinker with the software so that I can enlarge the window or whether another program (Quicktime, VLC etc...) can access the hardware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.