Mighty mouse ticking problem

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having problem with my wired mighty mouse. I am constantly experiencing a soft ticking noise when i use it. Slightest bit of presure at the top of the mouse (near the pea) will trigger the soft click sound. Everytime i hear the tick, my dashboard appears. I have my side buttons set to trigger dashboard but I am definitely not pressing the side buttons.

Its gotten to the point that i can't do anything as the dash board gets appearing and this has forced me to disable the side button functionality. However, i can hear the ticking.

I have isolated the problem and I don't think its the mouse as when i plug the mouse into my PC, the ticking noise does not appear to happen anymore. Plus i have exchanged for another one and still happens.

Does anyone have the same problem? Please help as this is bothering me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo - 1GB RAM - 10.5.latest
no one's had this problem???

I have this problem, and it makes me want to throw my mouse at something that is quite hard, like the wall...

I had to disable the side button(s) because every, single, time I went to move my mouse the Expose thingy activated, however, I can hear a ticking/clicking sound from the mouse, and its very annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 - 4GB RAM, Logitech S530 Kbrd/Mouse, Logitech Z2300 Speakers
Ok I'm happy I am not the only one with the ticking sound and the side button issue.

Any resolution to this? Is it normal? I finally pulled out my Logitech bluetooth mouse as the noise was driving me crazy, also disabled the Expose buttons as well. I figured the Expose problem was me being new, but the noise isn't at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.