Replacement of Superdrive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
When I bought my MB I thought I wouldn't need the DVD+RW Superdrive. So I got CD+RW/DVD+R drive. Now I am seriously feeling a need for one. Does Apple store provide support for this? Will they replace it for the replacement cost?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
As far as I know, they will NOT swap the drives for the replacement cost. This is coming from my experience of my MBP's HDD failing, I asked if I could pay the difference to have them give me a drive with more space since they would be inside the computer, and they said no.

There are a few online vendors that will do an optical drive swap, but it involves sending the computer in to them, and I can not vouch for their ability to keep your warranty intact.

Reaction score
Have you thought about getting an external DVD-RW? Would be easier and cheap tha hunting around for a company that will perform the upgrade.

OP
smartyMAC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Yeah Thats true but it becomes an additional item to carry along with my MB. Internal get carried along. So preferred one is internal. But looks like I need to go for an external one only.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.