Entourage Mail Migration

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro Leopard 2.0GB RAM 2.6GHZ Core 2 Duo 250GB HDD
So i was using a Macbook for about a year and somehow i was able to sync the mail from my old powerbook into my macbook. I recently bought a macbook pro and i was wondering does anyone knows a way of like exporting the mail from entourage from my macbook into my macbook pro? Is it possible?

I tried exporting what i supposed to be the mail from entourage and tried importing it into my entourage on my MBP and the folders were empty and nothing was imported only contacts...

Please help me, because i need those mails and i plan to wipe the HDD of my MB very soon so that i could send it to Apple to be repaired.

Reaction score
You can backup the database by finding Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2004 Identities/<identity name>. Then save that file to an external drive etc. Then when you get your Macbook back install Entourage then delete the user identity it makes and replace it with the one you backed up.

OP
mimi8
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh i forgot to mention that my MB is Tiger and my MBP is Leopard. When i tried doing that it said that it could not open Entourage with those files. So that method did not work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Oh i forgot to mention that my MB is Tiger and my MBP is Leopard. When i tried doing that it said that it could not open Entourage with those files. So that method did not work.

Export from the one you want to use (filr->export) then import the same file on the new install. Make sure the new Entourage is patched up to the same version.

OP
mimi8
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah i think that was the problem. I did not update Entourage Leopard on MBP. So now it woked fine. My last question is that i also have a hotmail account and what it has been doing lately is sending all the mail that is in the junk folder to my POP inbox folder... this is really annoying since i get about 20 junk email per day. is there a way to stop this?

I might have accidently changed the settings causing this, how can i change it back?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.