Input to address book & ITunes disappearing

Reaction score
This morning on boot up I found that my email account details had disappeared along with all my address book entries and emails. I had also entered a load of playlists into Itunes and they have also disappeared. Does anyone know what could be causing this?
I am a newbie to Mac, any advice appreciated.

OP
M
Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions!
I entered all that info again, it was ok for a week or so and now it's done the same thing again and my emails, sent and received plus my addressbook entries have all vanished.:Not-Amused:
All I can think of is that the automatic updates might have something to do with it. The first time it happened after an update and then this second time it also happened after an update had started coming in, although with this second update I cancelled the update before it had finished.
Is there some setting I must use to stop updates reverting things to default and dumping entered information or something?
Very frustrating as I already seem to have lost some important emails and addresses unless they've been shunted into some other recess of the computer.
As with PC I would have thought that auto updates shouldn't go anywhere near the inbox and sent box or addressbook of your email program so maybe it's something else.
Any suggestions? If this keeps up I'll have no alternative but to go back to my PC which I don't really want to do. :[
Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.