Creating a windows vista .iso fro files on macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
Hi
I have bought vista from the windows site and dowloaded it but cant make an .iso so burn i have 3 files 1 in .exe 2 in.wim. Do i make a file and turn it into n iso in disk utility for am i missing something if i cant do it with that program i need a good free on hat will do it for me any help thank you.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi
I have bought vista from the windows site and dowloaded it but cant make an .iso so burn i have 3 files 1 in .exe 2 in.wim. Do i make a file and turn it into n iso in disk utility for am i missing something if i cant do it with that program i need a good free on hat will do it for me any help thank you.

Those files don't sound like standard disc image files. Did they come with a read me file/instructions?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes they came if insturctions but they just said put in file and create and iso so can i do that in disk utiliy. Sorry for speeling mistakes.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes they came if insturctions but they just said put in file and create and iso so can i do that in disk utiliy. Sorry for speeling mistakes.

Not in Mac OS X. My guess is that you'll need to run the .exe file on a Windows machine to get it to generate an ISO.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i'll do that on my friends pc in 2 days time then just thought i might be able to do it on a mac oh well.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only other thing I could think of is that you might be able to run it under DarWINE, which can run some Windows executables, but it's hit or miss.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll try that after work tonight. Can i place the the files on to a dvd and trnasfer them on to the pc from mac or does it have to be via firewire/usb well something like that.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll try that after work tonight. Can i place the the files on to a dvd and trnasfer them on to the pc from mac or does it have to be via firewire/usb well something like that.

Sure, you can burn it onto a disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.