Mail Server Not Connecting? W/ a Screen Capture

Reaction score
Hey Guys
I got my iMac last week and I love it. This is the first problem that I am having so far. I am so glad I am leaving Windows behind.. haha

Anyway, a screen capture would explain the problem better than I could. So here it is:
picture1lz3.png

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
wow, you need to include much more info than that.

internet setup, imac specs, server settings, come on. help us help you :)

OP
N
Reaction score
Sorry, I didnt think you would need to know more than that.

Internet Setup..
I have Optimum Online as my ISP. My cable modem is connected to an Airport Extreme, which wirelessly connects to my other computers, however the airport connects directly to my iMac via ethernet cable.

iMac Specs:
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB memory
250GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive
ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT with 128MB memory

...and I dont know exactly what you mean by server settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Had exactly the same Mail problems. ISP suggested Thunderbird and guess what - still the same?

Solved it by booting from Install DVD, selecting Utilities > Disk Utility and running Repair Permissions after verifying disk. BE PATIENT - takes about fifteen to twenty minutes, reboot and Mail worked for me.

Good Luck and remember from install DVD and NOT Disk Utility stored on startup.

OP
N
Reaction score
Im not too sure on how to do that. Am I putting my Leopard disc into the drive? The other discs I have are for the OS that came with the computer- the one before Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Put Leopard disc in drive and go to 'restart'. After chime hold down 'C'. It will take its own time booting from the disc. Go to Utilities and select 'Disk Utility'.

Run 'Verify Disk' and when that reports all is okay, run Repair Permissions after selecting the folio or drive. All should be well on reboot.

If not go to Mail preferences and hit the little (-) button which will remove your account. Make up a new account ensuring all details such as period, commas etc are 100% correct.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pleased to be of assistance Noonan. Great when things work ain't it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.