I need get 10.4 tiger cd for this emac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac with 800 MHz plus 1 gb ram
Well I am deaf boy who enjoy fix pc. I got this emac first time but know how use it.

What I have problem with emac. Someone delete server info on this so I can't log in or log out because it show black screen say error can't find server and please login it. I did login then it say error can't link server.

I gave up and decide want get 10.4 tiger since this emac have 10.2.8 tiger.

I couldn't find those at Mac store but they have 10.5 which not work with my emac because I know they require 874 mhz or high. It be cost 300 dollars to get 1.4 GHz processor for this 8 years old.

I am afraid to buy mac 10.4 tiger from ebay because someone claim got fake disk and not boot up to install.

Sorry for my bad grammar plus long post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you want Tiger, it is 10.4 and 10.2 is Jaguar.

Tiger will work quite nicely. If you buy from eBay look for the black retail install DVD. Model specific are a grey colour and avoid them. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Don't worry about ebay - The disks I got were fine, the non boot up problem maybe because someone bought the install disks that came with a specific machine rather than the retail copy of tiger that will install on any machine.

Also make sure you don't buy tiger upgrade disks, since you will need to have 10.3 for them to work.

If the ebay seller shows photos of the disks they should look like this

http://i9.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/b6/70/7483_2.JPG

Black with an X on them, if they are grey - then they are for a specific machine. Make sure the disks are full install disks - not the upgrade

There seems to be plenty of Tigers out there - just make sure they are the full version and you will be fine.

Good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is what you are after. I take it the eMac has a DVD drive? if so when you get the disk, boot by placing disk in drive, hold down the 'C' button, and when the install window comes up, go to verify disk ensuring the HDD is okay, format and do a clean install.

OP
Milwaukee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank for tell me that help but I want know is this mac disk is correct? My emac can do dvd.

But I want make sure is this one correct for my emac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes that is the one. Good Luck.

OP
Milwaukee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And will they install new instead say need 10.3 cd for proof to upgrade?

Like window xp upgrade require 2000 or me or 98 cd for proof upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Suggest you wipe the HDD and do a clean install of Tiger whebn the disk arrives.

OP
Milwaukee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How I can do that? Will it work with win xp disk for format hard drive then wait for disk from mac arrive.

I know it is 55 or 60 gb hard drive but I wondered if I could put seagate 160 that are capable deliver 8mb cache.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wait for the Tiger disk.

Place it in the drive, and hit restart. After startup sound hold down 'C' and the computer will boot from the install DVD. Go to utilities>Disk Utility>erase and your HDD will be formatted. Leave Utilities go to Installer and start new install.

OP
Milwaukee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank I get my Dad order that tomorrow I hope it arrive on Saturday or Monday.

I am ready to do that. I have 1 question when I get that disk I can do all mac or it limit 1 mac per disk like win xp do that?

Because they are 2 emac at school and school don't care about that since they were outdated. It still have 10.2.5 panther. And teacher want me fix that since they were slow it did improve but what happen when they want games from Mac's website they was not support those anymore. It say require 10.4 or up now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Legally I guess you will have the one license only. Suggest contacting your Apple reseller and asking permission to install on the school eMacs might be the best way to go.

Explain the circumstances and they may even have an odd spare copy of Tiger you can use if you ask nicely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.