Attention QuickBooks users or those who want to buy it

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Intuit says the have resolved the problem with a temporary fix on their server end. A patch for the software is not available yet.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Update:

Uh oh. Intuit: Patched Mac QuickBooks still deletes data.

...On Saturday, Vacin announced on the QuickBooks support forum that a patch would be available Dec. 31. The patch, he said, fixed the flaw by permanently disabling the software's upgrade mechanism.

Monday, however, he had to post a follow-up warning.

"We have determined that the prior bug re-manifests itself when QuickBooks Pro 2006 for Mac is initiated at public Internet hotspots and a redirection error occurs (for instance, when you are at a[n Internet] cafe that requires you to pay to use its services," said Vacin. "We are working to resolve the issue and will have a patch available in the next few days." He urged users not to run the program while within range of a wireless access point. ...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I down loaded the R5 patch, but have not installed it yet. I know there is a problem with the 2006 version, but don't know about the 2007 version. Looks like I will be okay since i am on a wired network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.