Arrow Keys Stopped Working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I noticed yesterday that my up and down arrow keys no longer work. I am planning to bring it to the Apple store and have a Genius see what the problem is. I have Apple Care, but i am wondering if they are still going to charge me money if they have to replace my keys. I don't think anything spilled into it, so i should be covered, right?

Does anyone have any experience of this happening to them, or any one with a simular problem?

Reaction score
Your Apple care should take care of the issue, unless the damage to your keyboard was the result of you spilling coffee or water on it. A friend of mine who is also a real estate agent spilled coffee on his keyboard and Apple refused to look at a machine that smelled like coffee. Now he is back were he belongs, using Vista of a PC :)

I also noticed that if dirt is stuck under a key it will stop working, I usually pop the key out and use a little hand-vac to suck the dirt, press the key back in and all is good. Nevertheless, Apple will help you out with this issue.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I was thinking of popping the keys out, but i did that with my old PC and i couldnt get the keys back in.

Im hoping everything goes good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.