Pocket PC

Reaction score
Hello!

- What application do you use to sync your Mac with a PocketPC?
- Comments on Missing Sync?
- Comments on PocketMac?

Hope somebody can help me to do the right choice.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
I would assume like Mail from Apple, or you could try something from Microsoft Office 2003 for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro Leopard 2.0GB RAM 2.6GHZ Core 2 Duo 250GB HDD
I have an HP ipaq hx2795b and i sync it flawlessly using missing sync. I first bought PocketMac and please do me a favor and don't buy it. All those negative review that users has mentioned saying that the crap don't even connect to our PDA is true. Well for me it is. Yes missing sync is about $10.00 more expensive but don't make the same mistake i did. Missing sync is the way to go if you ask me. It works with ical calender + task, entourage, address book.. etc.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hey thanks for your reply...

I am in the trial period of the Missing Sync and I have to agree that it looks good but the problem is that it wont Sync emails.

I was used to work with my PocketPC and a PC, using Microsoft's Activesync that worked pretty good for me.

Any other comments/suggestions?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro Leopard 2.0GB RAM 2.6GHZ Core 2 Duo 250GB HDD
Yeah i tried syncing with my PDA and it wont sync emails too. I have read online that if you have previously synced with a PC maybe active sync? it causes a conflict, because you can only sync emails with only 1 email program. They suggested starting all over and using only missingsync to sync mails. I have not tried this yet, but i will try it when i get to my apt. to see if this works.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hello Mimi;

Any luck on your email sync?

I wrote to MissingSync and they answered that the program wont support email sync... that is strange. If i read the PocketMac documentation, they say they do.

Let me know how it goes and thanks.
:D

Reaction score
I use Missing Sync and love it. Works great with all my apps. True it won't do email but that does not bother me because I don't want my regular email on my Palm (Centro). I use my account with Sprint and it forwards email to my Palm without any problems. I can then sync it myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.