Blinking light

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Shuffle appearing and disappearing

I just plugged in my Shuffle to my MBP for the first time, formatted it, and am having this weird thing happening. When i drag songs over to it, it appears on the desktop, but then when the syncing is done, it disappears. Why is it doing this?

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, since no one could respond to me previous post about my shuffle before, :Angry:, i'm posting again with the same problem, except with more things wrong. Here's the original post: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88743. Now to add onto that, when i put my MBP into standby, and brought it back up, itunes said it recognized my shuffle was corrupt, so i restored it 2Xs, and it still appeared to be the same. The 3rd time around, it seemed to have worked, because itunes didn't say anything, so when i try playing it later, the lights on the bottom and top blinked green then orange about 4-5 times. Then went blank, i heard nothing coming out of the speakers. Then i hooked it back into my computer, to see if i can redo the songs on there, the contents read as having 128 in there, but then in settings, it said that there was 987 mbs of space left. So i tried deleting them, then re-adding what i had in there, and i got an error message: The iPod cannot be synced, The required disc connot be found. Now this didn't do this last night, hen i was having the problems in the first post. What's going on?!

Edit: i was actually able to fix the new problems, but the ipod appearing and dissappearing thing is still happening.

Reaction score
Maybe it's just a hardware fault in your shuffle? Have you tried it with another computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Combined threads. Please don't crosspost.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe it's just a hardware fault in your shuffle? Have you tried it with another computer?

On my PC, it stays in My computer and doesn't disappear at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
why dont u take it to an apple store and hook it into another mac. specifically the same model you have.

if it works there, then you have a mac issue. if it doesnt, they give you a new shuffle.

id be more worried about the mac rather than the cheap shuffle.

if it works on your PC, yike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.