Seeing my backed up Ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I backed up my Ipod yesterday to an external hard drive, but the file names are encypted so I don't know what they are unless I open each one. There's some music I want to put into Itunes, so I want to know, is there a way to translate the file names so I know what file is what?

OP
D
Reaction score
Backing up my ipod

I posted this yesterday, no reply...

I backed up my Ipod yesterday to an external hard drive, but the file names are encypted so I don't know what they are unless I open each one. There's some music I want to put into Itunes, so I want to know, is there a way to translate the file names so I know what file is what?

Thanks

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
Why do you need to backup the iPod? The iPod just contains what you got in iTunes anyway!?

OP
D
Reaction score
Well....no. The vast majority of it I put on my IPod from my PC which I lost which is why I bought the mac. You aren't a very hospitable bunch are you? It's true what they say about macs...the product is great, the users are insufferable...yeesh.

OP
D
Reaction score
Just more on that, it's MY Ipod which I paid for with MY money. I shouldn't be given any grief about protecting my personal property. Maybe this is why the general public is so reluctant to switch to macs... you're so judgemental and clique-y...the commercials on TV treat non mac users like they're retarded and won't give a new mac user like myself the time of day. Get over yourselves. I appreciate that the techguys do what they do for free, but I didn't exactly ask a highly technical question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.5 MBP 2.16Ghz 2Gig Ram
If i understand correctly, you want to transfer your songs from your ipod to your mac. The program Senuti ( http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/ ) will do that easily with all of the titles and everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.5 MBP 2.16Ghz 2Gig Ram
Dont be so judgemental so fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
You aren't a very hospitable bunch are you? It's true what they say about macs...the product is great, the users are insufferable...yeesh.
What are you talking about? I just asked a question because I didn't understand why you wanted to backup an iPod...

If you'd explained why you wanted to get the music off your iPod (that's what you really want right!?)... we'd been able to help you at once.

Take a look at this and see if it's what you are looking for:
http://www.thelittleappfactory.com/application.php?app=iPodRip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You aren't a very hospitable bunch are you? It's true what they say about macs...the product is great, the users are insufferable...yeesh.

Just more on that, it's MY Ipod which I paid for with MY money. I shouldn't be given any grief about protecting my personal property. Maybe this is why the general public is so reluctant to switch to macs... you're so judgemental and clique-y...the commercials on TV treat non mac users like they're retarded and won't give a new mac user like myself the time of day. Get over yourselves. I appreciate that the techguys do what they do for free, but I didn't exactly ask a highly technical question.
Please get over yourself. Nobody here was being rude or combative as you have been with your replies. Nobody here was passing judgement, either.
A simple question was asked and instead of answering it, you lashed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.