Airport Express Update 4.0.1

Reaction score
Software Update just installed Airport Express Update v 4.0.1. The update is supposed to contain some improvements for WEP with 3rd party devices. One question: how do I actually update the Airport Express device? When I click upload in the Airport Admin utility, it asks what file to upload, and I cannot find a relevant file to upload. Is this update strictly for the computer end as opposed to the device end? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
You don't

miggles said:
Software Update just installed Airport Express Update v 4.0.1. The update is supposed to contain some improvements for WEP with 3rd party devices. One question: how do I actually update the Airport Express device? When I click upload in the Airport Admin utility, it asks what file to upload, and I cannot find a relevant file to upload. Is this update strictly for the computer end as opposed to the device end? Thanks.

When you get the update, the Installer does it for you. It most likely updated the drivers, if it did the firmware on the Express then most likely it did it during the update. I got the 4.0.1 just now, it looks like just the drivers. When you click Upload in AAU, that is for uploading a saved configuration.

r/
-IanCT

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.