I'm starting to hate Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 1.83GHz C2D, 2Gig ram
My C2D 1.83 MB wa a year old last month. It's stock aside from a ram upgrade to 2Gig.

I upgraded to Leopard 2 weeks ago. I regularly burn iphoto CDs to take to the photo printer, NEVER a problem with Tiger.

With Leopard, 2 out of every 3 or so CD's will NOT burn to completion in my Matshita combo drive (OEM Apple part). The one in 3 that burns to completion will fail verificaiton EVERY TIME.

Error code is always 0x8002006E.
I have tried Memorex, Verbatim and Sony media - it makes no difference (and frankly it's assinine for applecare to have suggested to me that different brands of media work differently considering everything was consistently working in Tiger).

Revert back to Tiger - problem goes away and everything works again. Fresh install of Leopard to try & fix the issue? Nope! CD burning stops working immediately upon Leopard upgrade.

I have 10.5.1

A quick web search reveals I am not alone. this issue is all over every google search of the 0X8002006 series error codes.

When is Apple going to recognize this fatal flaw and do something about it? A bilnd man in the dark with one hand tied behind his back could tell this is an OS issue! Geeze! "Try different media and reset the PRAM" is just NOT going to cut it apple!!!

And for the record, all burning was done with either Finder or iphoto. The Finder burns never finish, while the iphoto burns finish pretty consistently, but fail verification at 0%. The discs that fail verification can then be used and opened, etc. so I think it's just Leopard crapping all over itself. Failing at 0% every time tells me it's hitting errors before it actually verifies ANYTHING.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Interesting. Have you tried going over to the official Apple forum? They proably take more notice of proper bug reports like this over there.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are you burning from the Disk Utility or from Toast? Toast has issues with Leopard. There is an update for 8.0 and one coming shortly for Toast 7.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Neither. Burning from Finder burn folders and the burn function in iphoto.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Neither. Burning from Finder burn folders and the burn function in iphoto.

That is what I meant. From OSX itself. I just wanted to be sure you were not using Toast.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I know Toast has issues. This is clearly an OS issue, not a 3rd party app issue. In fact my only 3rd party apps are Photoshop, flip4mac and Adium. None of those have anything to do with burning.

I have posted over at the official support site, as have dozens of other folks with the same issue, but no response from Apple as of yet. They seem to be ignoring me/us.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS 10.12.6 Sierra
Hi there. Did you ever resolve the issue of not being able to burn to a CD and getting error code 0x8002006E? I am having the same problem. In fact, I have had nothing but problems since buying this Mac a year ago, including it being taken away to have a new disk drive put in, blue screen problems, applications freezing or simply not allowing me to use them - one problem after another. Wish I'd stuck to Windows!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Wish I'd stuck to Windows!
Install Windows on your Mac. Problem solved.

Are you trying to burn images using the same methods as the OP?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.