Ordering MBP 17"-1920x1200 rez question

Reaction score
hi folks,

first post here. I have searched at length and have not found an answer close to what I'm looking for.

My wife recently got a MBP 15", and after working with it, I absolutely have to have one. Wow, what a great machine.

I am going with the 17", and am looking at getting the high rez. 1920x1200, glossy option. this will work out well when attaching the MBP to my Samsung 24" WS monitor as that is it's native rez.

My question: is there any reason NOT to go with the 1920x1200 option? when viewing text on the macbook screen, does it look crisp and clear, since that rez. is pretty high for a 17" screen size.

thanks for your assistance.

Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600
it will look awesome! but i hope you have good eyes, some things will look pretty small. oh, and if you are doing any editing you may want to go with matte because there is less color distortion.

one thing you may want to check out is if 256 vram will be suffice for a screen of that size with big apps.

but then again, there will be some BIG updates (i'm guessing) in about a month so if you are shelling out that much, you may want to wait for that.

OP
Z
Reaction score
thanks chat19

I'm brand new to mac. can you tell me what the scuttlebutt is regarding the "BIG updates" you mention? sounds like there might be rumors of an upgraded platform maybe?

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600
well, from what we can gather, there is rumor of updated MacBook and MacBook Pros. Some feel that Ultra Portable versions with SSD may be coming soon. But at the very least, we may see the 17" MBP go to LED like the 15". But then again, if you always wait for the next big thing, you will never have anything...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.