Airport Not connecting but PC does

Reaction score
Hi, I live in an apartment block with a friend and we have a neighbour that has wireless and they have said we can use it too. Trouble is I cannot seem to connect to it with my Mac Book Pro, but my friend who has a very old PC laptop with D-Link card gets on it with ease. My aiprort symbol only gets a few bars but I cannot get anywhere on the internet. Safari seems like it is trying to connect for about a minute then say 'you are not connected to internet'. Anyone have any sugesstions please. Thanks very much.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi, I live in an apartment block with a friend and we have a neighbour that has wireless and they have said we can use it too. Trouble is I cannot seem to connect to it with my Mac Book Pro, but my friend who has a very old PC laptop with D-Link card gets on it with ease. My aiprort symbol only gets a few bars but I cannot get anywhere on the internet. Safari seems like it is trying to connect for about a minute then say 'you are not connected to internet'. Anyone have any sugesstions please. Thanks very much.

Does your neighbor have encryption/security configured? If so, what type?

OP
I
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm not sure of the security, we never had to enter any passwords or anything. I could get on a one point in the beginning, but cant seem to anymore.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm not sure of the security, we never had to enter any passwords or anything. I could get on a one point in the beginning, but cant seem to anymore.

You need to find that out before we go any further.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.