Leopard won't load, but windows will!?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16ghz / 1gb ram / 120gb iPod 5G 30gb
Okay I had the older version (can't recall the os name) before leopard, upgraded for about a month, did all the updates no problem.

today, the computer lagged pretty bad. all i had open was firefox, so i quit it and tried shutting down... but i couldn't even get the menu open. out of frustration i disconnected the battery. propped it back in. and tried turning it on. this is what i saw: the apple symbol (one u see always during startup) and the circle icon indicating that its loading (not from mouse). it just keeps spinning and spinning. i have bootcamp, so i try windows, works like a charm.

any ideas? i need my files on the mac os side since it's client's documents, very important. if i need a new hard drive or need to reinstall or whatever the case is, i at least need to retrieve the files so i can back it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Put the Leopard DVD in and run Upgrade or Archive and Install- you won't lose your data that way.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16ghz / 1gb ram / 120gb iPod 5G 30gb
too bad i dont have 11.x gb of space for it to archive..... i have around 8, i tried deleting files via terminal, but it won't let me because the whole drive is read-only. is there a way to
1. transfer files to an external via terminal
2. delete read-only files/folders

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Why don't you just boot up from the disk and repair disk permissions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
You dont have to pop-out battery to force shutdown. Simply hold down power button for a few seconds.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.