Deleted photos showing up in slideshow screen saver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
I'm still fairly new to Macs, but I think I've done a fairly good job of climbing up the learning curve.

However, one issue I've been having is with regard to the slideshow screen saver. I have this screen saver looking in my Pictures folder. However, I have noticed various sets of pictures there are not in my Pictures folder are showing up in my screen saver.

Now what's wierd is that I did import these subject pictures into iPhoto and later deleted them. However, they still show up in my screen saver. So they're no longer in iPhoto and not in my Pictures folder, but they continue to show up in the screen saver.

Does anyone know how to delete these pictures from the screen saver and more importantly my computer?

I'm running Leopard on a new iMac. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Do you know the exact names of the pics? Do a Spotlight search to track them down. That's the only thing I can think of.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unfortunately, I don't know the names of the pics. I went through my entire pictures folder as it isn't too large, and I wasn't able to find any of the subject pictures. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Any other ideas?

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Are the photos simply hidden? Select View, Hidden Photos to check. Also have you deleted your iPhoto trash?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
Have you tried just resetting the screen saver? I think you can also do this with a background image. You can delete the image but the background will remain that same image until you reboot.

Maybe try resetting the folder the slideshow screensaver reverts to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Have you enptied the trash?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I did try the Hidden Photos option, but they did not show up. I also tried resetting the screen saver and the folder it points to, but to no avail.

I was unaware that iPhoto had its own trash, so I just tried deleting that. I'll see if that helps.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Sean

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.