1.1.2 just junk?

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
1.1.1 successful, goodbye 1.1.2, i didnt like you anyways!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 8gig, inherited powerbook (beer+mac=power-brick)
anyone have problems with wifi? mins unencrypted not locked and it will connect to wifi but wont use its network :(

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
need a little more info about your wifi for that one. type of sec? that sort of stuff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 8gig, inherited powerbook (beer+mac=power-brick)
youll laugh at this instead of me looking at the router i was focused on the phone. I had the flippen dsl in an ethernet pot on the router not the WAN bahaha. it works great now but oddly edge is faster for me. I only need wifi for itunes store.

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
youll laugh at this instead of me looking at the router i was focused on the phone. I had the flippen dsl in an ethernet pot on the router not the WAN bahaha. it works great now but oddly edge is faster for me. I only need wifi for itunes store.

edge is faster than your DSL? i thought the lowest DSL offered these days was 768 DL.

edge cant touch that, ive tried

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Strange. I have no problems whatsoever with this version of firmware. My iPhone seems pretty solid. No crashes, no home screen exits. It is working well.

Reaction score
Here's my 1.1.2 problem:

Anyone else having this problem? Or anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

My iPhone has worked fine since I purchased it when they first came out, but two days ago I installed the 1.1.2 update and things haven't been so great since then.

The Photos section of the phone would open then close immediatley, and the camera does the same exact thing. I tried re-installing the software a few times to no avail, so I took it to my local mac store. The guy took one look at the phone, asked if I reinstalled the software, I said yes, and then he gave me a brand spanking new iPhone.

Cool, I thought. Its shiny, its new, and best of all its camera works! So I took it home with me, and synced it back up with my iTunes, and wham! After the syncing, the camera and photo sections don't work again.

Also now, the touch screen works when and how it feels like it. Sometimes it just doesn't respond at all. And everytime I try to restore the software, iTunes usually crashes on me. Yay!!!

So I've tried a few other things as well. I re-installed iTunes, with no luck. I tried syncing without any of my photos to see if they were causing any problems. No luck.

So my guess is that either my iTunes is corrupt, but more likely there's a problem with my 1.1.2 update, as the problems started happening when that was installed.

Before I have to trek back to the macstore through 900 hours of mall traffic with my gear, anyone have any ideas what I can do to remedy this?

Reaction score
UPDATE:

So here's how I fixed my 1.1.2 bugs, I'd imagine it would also work with most of yours. Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, I think, but this way you know it actually does work.

When re-installing your software on your iPhone, you'll be prompted to load your old iPhone back up, or make it a new phone. CHOOSE TO MAKE IT A NEW PHONE.

Seriously, as of right now, every single bug I've ever had with the iPhone, nevermind the software version (and ive had bugs on them ALL) are now gone. Works like a charm.

You'll loose some info, like text messages, mail settings, etc, but other than that, it works fine. Cool stuff.

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here's my 1.1.2 problem:

Anyone else having this problem? Or anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

My iPhone has worked fine since I purchased it when they first came out, but two days ago I installed the 1.1.2 update and things haven't been so great since then.

The Photos section of the phone would open then close immediatley, and the camera does the same exact thing. I tried re-installing the software a few times to no avail, so I took it to my local mac store. The guy took one look at the phone, asked if I reinstalled the software, I said yes, and then he gave me a brand spanking new iPhone.

Cool, I thought. Its shiny, its new, and best of all its camera works! So I took it home with me, and synced it back up with my iTunes, and wham! After the syncing, the camera and photo sections don't work again.

Also now, the touch screen works when and how it feels like it. Sometimes it just doesn't respond at all. And everytime I try to restore the software, iTunes usually crashes on me. Yay!!!

So I've tried a few other things as well. I re-installed iTunes, with no luck. I tried syncing without any of my photos to see if they were causing any problems. No luck.

So my guess is that either my iTunes is corrupt, but more likely there's a problem with my 1.1.2 update, as the problems started happening when that was installed.

Before I have to trek back to the macstore through 900 hours of mall traffic with my gear, anyone have any ideas what I can do to remedy this?

welcome to .2 :) ive had every one of those issues, no matter what restore process i take.

UPDATE:

So here's how I fixed my 1.1.2 bugs, I'd imagine it would also work with most of yours. Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, I think, but this way you know it actually does work.

When re-installing your software on your iPhone, you'll be prompted to load your old iPhone back up, or make it a new phone. CHOOSE TO MAKE IT A NEW PHONE.

Seriously, as of right now, every single bug I've ever had with the iPhone, nevermind the software version (and ive had bugs on them ALL) are now gone. Works like a charm.

You'll loose some info, like text messages, mail settings, etc, but other than that, it works fine. Cool stuff.

while this may work for some people, this has no effect on the craptasticness of .2 on my phone.

get it together apple or im going with a q9h

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.