• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do you have to make an appointment to be seen in an apple store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
hi i recenlty bought a 2.16ghz white macbook and it is totally not working correctly. I am going to take it to apple store in regent street today but i was just wandering if i have not made an appointment will they even see me?

thanks

jordan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
In the US, you need an appointment, but it's not as bad as it might sound. You can do it a couple ways.

One is that you can make a Genius Bar appointment through the Apple website. Find your store and see if you can schedule an appointment for today. You'll get a scheduled time to meet with someone.

Another is that you can just go into the store and schedule an appointment while there. You may be able to see someone that way, but personally if I were you I'd call the store first.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You need an appointment in the UK stores as well, though if it is a really simple problem (my ipod crashed) a member of staff will always help

yours is definitely an appointment problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
-Yes you should make an appointment early, almost every store I've gone into without an appointment, I've waited up to 2 hours driving around before they called me in. You can ask to be added to the waiting list in case an appointment becomes available, but they nor you have any idea when that will happen if it happens. Sometimes they can work you in b/t people but if they do that don't get angry when they stop helping to go to their next appointment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can make an appointment on your local apple store's website

Reaction score
Wow i went to a store and they told me to call apple care. They really did not want to help me i guess. I must have not been clear that I was having a problem and wanted someone to look at my macbook (in hand).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Wow i went to a store and they told me to call apple care. They really did not want to help me i guess. I must have not been clear that I was having a problem and wanted someone to look at my macbook (in hand).

That's surprising. I've never heard of a store telling someone who came in to call AppleCare.

Reaction score
I was surprised too. I was like whatever I had too much to do than make a big deal about it. I did sit on the phone for an 1 1/2 hour with apple care, but at least i could do other things (pay bills, check email, shop) online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
I've been the only person in the store before and they still would not talk to me without an appointment. Not exactly the best way of doing things, in my opinion. It feels kind of elitist somehow (as does the entire Apple Store experience). Of course it can be handy when the line backs up out of the store due to thousands of people having broken Macs. ;) Fortunately I haven't had to do this very often so to me it is a fairly minor complaint. Usually the employees themselves are nice, just bound by the crazy rules.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.