White on Black

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
Can someone tell me how to switch my screen from black on white to white on black using keyboard shortcuts. I watched a guy do it in the Apple store. He showed me how but I just can't figure it out. I've gone to system preferences and can toggle it there. Just can't get that keyboard shortcut down... No real need here just neat...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
it is control-option-command-8

and for other keyboard shortcuts, go to... System Preferences > Keyboard and Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
We have 2 mac minis at my colleges library and I did it to them once. I watched the library lady try to fix it for close to an hour then I went to her and helped her fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
:Angry: That's not very nice. Librarians are cool, usually. :Angry:

Now, doing it to a PHB (pointy hair boss), well, that's okay. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" white macbook. 2 GHz Core 2 Duo. 160GB. 2GB memory, and giving leapord a second chance.
whats the purpose of this option? other than looking kinda cool.. does it have a real purpose?

also, when trying to show someone, taking a snap shot, it will not save it with the colors fliped, kinda crazy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
I know it wasnt nice, but being a teenager, its just commonplace around me to do stuff like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
whats the purpose of this option? other than looking kinda cool.. does it have a real purpose?

It's an Accessibility option, so I'm guessing it's for people who have trouble with the contrast on "normal" screens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
such as if it's late and your tired, and you are having trouble reading this gray on white here. turn on that feature, and it becomes MUCH easier to read.

OP
zyepod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
Thanks Nputer... I really don't know that I have a real need for this I just wanted to give it a try and could remember how it was done... System Preference>keyboard and mouse>shortcuts... Got it...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.