Adobe Lightroom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
When I make changes to an image, such as a crop or colour change, This change only occurs to the image when you actually veiw it in lightroom. Is there any way to create a small back up file that will back up these changed images, not as an image but the setting, so if i import it back into lightroom the changed will be saved and made on the images i already have?

I know i could just export my whole library but I already have my whole library on my hard drive and so i dont want to create a totaly new duplicate copy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Do you want to backup the database or the images? Cause Lightroom automatically prompts you to backup your database every week.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just the database, I dident realise you could back it up. How do i back ip up manually then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I'm not sure if there's a manual setting, but if you go to File > Catalog settings, you can set the time after which it prompts you to backup...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks, i have found it. Say I make some changes to pictures on my macbook, export the catalog. Can i then go home and import this catolog into lightroom on my windows computer and add the pictures so these changed will be made on my desktop with out overwriting the ones i already have on there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" Unibody White
thanks, i have found it. Say I make some changes to pictures on my macbook, export the catalog. Can i then go home and import this catolog into lightroom on my windows computer and add the pictures so these changed will be made on my desktop with out overwriting the ones i already have on there?

Lightroom does not overwrite your original image. Any changes you make in Lightroom are non-destructive. So when you crop, edit or otherwise mutilate your image in Lightroom, the original image file remains intact. To get your edited image out of Lightroom you will have to export it, in which case Lightroom creates a new image file with your edits, still leaving the original file as it was before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.