3" DVD and Combo Drive

E

einheit

Hey guys,

I have a Sony DVD handycam and it utilizes 3" DVDs for recording. The software that came with the camera is only compliant with Windows, and the only connection is USB so iDVD won't recognize the camera (no firewire). I'd like to verify if the combo drive will accept 3" DVD media, as I am not brave enough to try it. (I don't need the cost of replacing a combo drive.) Anyone out there have any experience with this? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

OP
I

iSheep

I've read, from Apple and other sources, that the PowerBook and iBook (and other slot-loading Macs, like the G3 iMacs) do not take the smaller DVDs or CDs (3"). I'm trying to find the article at the moment - I read it just the other day!

Edit: I'm asuming you mean your PowerBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
yeah...not a good idea to feed a powerbook a 3" disc....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 1.25 GHz Dual, 1Gig of Ram, Super Drive, Combo Drive, 20" flat panel
I Have the Sony Digital Camera that burns to the smaller cds and even with the provided adapter it didn't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.