Confusion about corruption

Reaction score
I had about 500 pictures on my Nikon L11 that I was importing into i photos on my powerbook G4. At about 199 the process would freeze and I would cancel the transfer. After several unsuccessful attempts I used image capture instead, and this imported the images but their thumbnail displays no picture, they are strangely large in size (2.7 MB ), and when preview tries to open them it gives me the "cannot open file" message. I'm not sure as to the nature of the corruption because several photos at the end of the reel did transfer correctly, and though i have removed the cord from the camera before (I never have seen an icon on my desktop so I was unaware it needed to be unmounted) there was no problem reading the first 100+ images. I still have the original files on my camera, which displays them fine, and the corrupted files on my computer. Any assistance as to how to fix the corrupted files or successfully transfer the originals would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.